Sunday, January 8, 2012

a re run kind of thing


hi all,
A local tv network has a digital secondary channel called MeTV that has reruns of many shows like batman, star trek the original series, The Bob Newhart Show, lost in space and many others, its alot like what tv land was (and might still be if its around, I don't get many cable channels, I only have cable for the Internet)
I didn't watch this channel much but thought it was neat to see some of the old shows (tonight at 8 depending on the guest on CSPAN's Q&A, i might watch a Colombo episode) I told a friend of mine about the network and he brought up a good point, while he enjoyed the shows when they originally aired, he had other things do watch and do to pass the time instead of watching the reruns. I agree with this... its one thing to set down and see a show for the first time, another to watch it over and over. I've made a note in past blogs and my blogtalk radio show but let me try to make the point again...
Is music, TV, movies and other human social interactions like politics in a stagnated arrested development stage and almost regressing not progressing? I'll think more on this topic and post more in the next few days. something to think about.
-z-
a haiku for you!
clear stagnate water
and a cool wind from the north
time to travel on

No comments:

Post a Comment